Sidekick
Little I has a sidekick. His name is Bunny. Yeah, we don't have creative names. R's special cuddley toy is Blue-Soft-Doggy. Whatever. Bunny is not required for sleeping or making it through rough days, but he definitely make these things easier. He is a source of great joy and entertaiment. Sometimes he dances along to Little I singing, sometimes he gets tossed between the girls in the back seat of the car, accompanied with lots of giggling and cackling, and sometimes he just sits quietly while we read books. She smiles when she sees him and gives him lots of hugs and kisses. I've thought about buying a back-up but I've seen what his new counter part would look like and, well, let's just say Bunny looks LOVED. He makes me think of the Velveteen Rabbit. His once fluffy fur is now matted and kind of dirty. He smells a little funny. But he looks happy with his floppy arms and silly grin.
Some days I wish I had a side kick. Someone that would sit beside me happily when I needed them and other times wait patiently at home or in my cubby at school (or I supposed it would be my office at work) until I was ready to play again. I think I would get strange looks though if I stuffed a soft toy on my work bag...One of the benefits of being young I supposed...
Some days I wish I had a side kick. Someone that would sit beside me happily when I needed them and other times wait patiently at home or in my cubby at school (or I supposed it would be my office at work) until I was ready to play again. I think I would get strange looks though if I stuffed a soft toy on my work bag...One of the benefits of being young I supposed...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home