Thursday, November 16, 2006

Midnight Wanderings

So when Little I outgrew the packnplay that was in our room B and I decided to try to move the girls to their own room. R had still been sleeping in the toddler bed in our room so I kind figured we couldn't kick her out of that bed so Little I could sleep in it, so we moved both girls. They now share a room, each sleeping on a twin bed.

It works out pretty well. I can lie down with R at night if she needs a cuddle but for the most part she makes it through the whole night in her own bed. Also little I does very well in her own bed with her own space. She is almost completely night weaned but she does occasionally come into our bed just before the alram goes off (or before).

Occassionally, a bad dream, tummy ache or other malady will force one of the girls to make the midnight trek from their room down the hall and into our room. Because they have to go around the stair case it becomes kind of along walk. So prepartions must be made. One must grab something to make the journey less duanting. R usually just brings Blue-Soft-Doggy. She used to bring a whole posse, including a blanket, even when it was just to stumble the 3 steps between the toddler bed and our bed. Little I will pretty much grab anything and everything. The other night she brought both her blanket and Bunny. Another night she went to sleep with out a special blanket or Bunny so she dug around in the dark to pull somebody of the shelf. I always have a little laugh to myself in the middle of the night to see what has accompanied my daughter down the hall to our room, imagining her little arms wrapped around as much as she can possibly carry...anything for a little extra courage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home