Lucky Us
So this is going to be a rambly post...be forewarned.
Sunday night we took the girls out to dinner on Pearl St. We had dinner at Mountain Sun, which a kind of hippy hang out with good bar-ish type food. They have music on Sundays so they make most the tables line up in one big community table. We don't mind and we take the girls there a lot 'cause it's loud and happy and so if they make loud, happy noises no one looks annoyed. We ran into one of R's friend from school and they joined us at the community table.
The girls laughed and ate very little.
Afterwards we walked up the mall and ended up having a cookie at the coffee shop next to the book store. We ran into an old roommate B lived with when we first met. This friend is now very successful helping train professional bicyclist. We then took the long walk home. Baby I was in the sling and R alternated between walking, running and ride on B's shoulders. This guy stopped smiled at us and said "Man, you guys are lucky." I smiled and said "Yes."
We ARE lucky. So often I get comments like "you have your hands full" and "you must be tired." It's kind of sad to see how many people view parenthood as drudgery. Yes, there are hard times, rough phases. But I LOVE being a mom. I learn so much about myself and seeing life through other's eyes. All anyone wants is to feel like they are loved and respected, even at 10months old.
Kids are fun and silly. And at the end of the day B puts baby I on his chest and she falls asleep almost instantly. I take R upstairs to her big girl bed and we read Winnie the Pooh, even though it's a bit wordy and she loses interest. Then she decides she would rather sleep in the big bedroom in her little bed and she puts her head on the pillow and talks herself to sleep. I wouldn't trade this for anything.
Sunday night we took the girls out to dinner on Pearl St. We had dinner at Mountain Sun, which a kind of hippy hang out with good bar-ish type food. They have music on Sundays so they make most the tables line up in one big community table. We don't mind and we take the girls there a lot 'cause it's loud and happy and so if they make loud, happy noises no one looks annoyed. We ran into one of R's friend from school and they joined us at the community table.
The girls laughed and ate very little.
Afterwards we walked up the mall and ended up having a cookie at the coffee shop next to the book store. We ran into an old roommate B lived with when we first met. This friend is now very successful helping train professional bicyclist. We then took the long walk home. Baby I was in the sling and R alternated between walking, running and ride on B's shoulders. This guy stopped smiled at us and said "Man, you guys are lucky." I smiled and said "Yes."
We ARE lucky. So often I get comments like "you have your hands full" and "you must be tired." It's kind of sad to see how many people view parenthood as drudgery. Yes, there are hard times, rough phases. But I LOVE being a mom. I learn so much about myself and seeing life through other's eyes. All anyone wants is to feel like they are loved and respected, even at 10months old.
Kids are fun and silly. And at the end of the day B puts baby I on his chest and she falls asleep almost instantly. I take R upstairs to her big girl bed and we read Winnie the Pooh, even though it's a bit wordy and she loses interest. Then she decides she would rather sleep in the big bedroom in her little bed and she puts her head on the pillow and talks herself to sleep. I wouldn't trade this for anything.

1 Comments:
I love your babies.
Post a Comment
<< Home