Monday, July 09, 2007

4 and a half


Angry Face
Originally uploaded by jessie_link2000
R talks ALL the time. Sometimes she tells stories, sometimes she asks questions, sometimes she sings songs. This I try to listen to intently because I read that by listening to her now I encourage to talk more when she's older. Other times she just chants words or phrases or just makes random noises. But literally she makes some sort of noise constantly. This can be rather overwhelming for her introverted, somewhat shy mother. Yesterday she chattered though the entire grocery store. Highly entertaining for some of the customers, I think the guy at the meat counter found it overwhelming, too, albeit laughable.

Personally I found it rather annoying. I tried to engage her in conversation, ask her questions, request favorite songs (and I'm sure I threatened to take her home at the louder points) all to no avail. She continued to chatter, chant and generally make noise. When I relayed this to B, he laughed and said she was cool as a cucumber when he took her to the tire shop to have his tire repaired. All goes to show that Mommies are special...sigh.

I have made great strides as an introvert since having 2 very outgoing children. I used to turn bright red every time one of the girls made a loud noise to announce their arrival. Now I think most of the time I just smile and say hi myself. But I have to admit some days I crave more anonymity than the girls will allow. And some days, like today, I actually look forward to going to work, just for the quiet. Of course by 11 am, I ready to hear the chatter again....

3 Comments:

Blogger There she goes! said...

Jess, your pictures are always beautiful but I think this one has to be my so-far FAVORITE!

5:19 PM  
Blogger spryngtree said...

Jess, I know what you mean. I find though that I kind of like Japhy being so extroverted...he brings me out of myself and forced to smile and say hi I get past my own shyness a bit. There are days though when he is just so out there that its a little hard. Then he goes through a shy phase and I miss it!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Melicious said...

I share this picture everytime someone at work is freaking out or upset and it just makes everything better.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home